We are hosting a free presentation on Saturday, May 25th from 10 am to noon on Financial Literacy for teens and young adults (great for teens of 15 years of age and older including adults).
As you know you don’t have to look very far to read an article in the newspapers or watch a segment in the news talking about the lack of education when it comes to teaching students the basics about Financial Literacy.
While the topic of Financial Literacy can be dry, dull and boring – enRICHed ACADEMY was created to be an incredibly powerful program that will both educate and entertain. This presentation will provide some good information about the understanding of money management and investing. This program was featured and endorsed by Dragon’s Den.
We will be covering the following topics:
- Understanding how money works and where most North Americans are financially
- Money myths and misconceptions
- Why some people, including high earners, never get around to saving money & how to avoid the pitfall
- The power of saving 10% of what you can earn and more
- The magic behind compounding interest and how it works
- How to systemize your savings and where to put your money for maximum wealth building
- Understanding how the stock market works and how to get started investing
- Understanding how to purchase your first rental property
- How credit cards, credit score and credit card interest work
- What happens if you only make minimum payments or neglect to pay your credit card on time
- 6 steps to having an A+ credit score
- What “Good Debt” and “Bad Debt” are and what makes the difference
Saturday, May 25th from 10 am to noon
Pinetree Community Centre, Room 8 located at 1260 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
(next to the Douglas College, David Lam Campus)
Please register via:
Call: 778.893.0525 or 604.931.9000
It would be great if you want to join us and please feel free to pass on to anyone that you think would enjoy attending this unique event.
Register today s space is limited!